Sunday, October 11, 2009

RAIN


I had a great time last night at the fabulous Fox Theatre seeing a tribute to The Beatles--a group called Rain. I remember when The Beatles first performed on The Ed Sulllivan Show--I was in the fourth grade (okay, do the math ;-)

To be honest, I didn't expect much. When I was growing up I knew every word of every song they created. As a teenager I was a decent musician, so I remembered a lot of the orchestration they used as the group matured.

These guys rocked---there is nothing canned--they play it, they sing it...and it was great! I was amazed to see whole families attending--but then I remembered that when I bought CD's to replace my fave Beatles albums a couple of years ago (my two very favorites: Revolver and Rubber Soul, but I also bought White Album) my daughter took off with all three of them!

Some things are timeless...The Beatles...definitely...go see Rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment