Sunday, December 6, 2009

Waiting....



I did a Santa shoot tonight at a church where I used to be a member .. I distinctly remember a remarkable sermon by a priest, a young man named Shawn, who spoke about Advent, and described it so beautifully yet simply as a time where we wait for the birth of Jesus. It was several years ago when I heard the sermon but it stayed with me and his words return at this time of year, reminding me that we spend a lot of our life "in waiting."  
The funny thing is that I almost called this shot: "Waiting for Santa" because this evening when I took it, we were.  I thought it was funny at the time, but the significance hit me when I sat down in Photoshop tonight.
  The kids, of course, are waiting for Santa.  But we await something that changes lives.
So, in the immortal words of Charles Dickens: "God Bless Us, Every One!"

No comments:

Post a Comment