Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

I remember drinking mulled wine in England years ago and how delicious it tasted in the cold winter months, so I decided I'd offer mulled wine this year at our Open Studio Event at the ARC.   The funny thing is that in years past it's been really cold on opening night, so I thought a hot drink served in a mug instead of cold wine would be nice for a change (check out my cool mugs I'm giving away this year ;-)  It's downright balmy here today in Marietta, so I guess I'll make it warm instead of hot!


I've been looking for mulled wine recipes today and ran across this interesting website which talks about the history of mulled wine, and all sorts of stuff about wine.  http://www.wineintro.com/mulled/index.html
According to the writer of this site, Lisa Shea, mulled means "heated and spiced."  She offers recipes, and I'm going with "Clarence's Mulled Wine" named for Clarence the angel from one of my all time favorite movies, "It's A Wonderful Life."
And you know, as tough as it seems these days, it is a wonderful life.  Please join us tomorrow night for mulled wine, 30 second head shots and 25 open studios to visit under one roof. 

1 comment: