Sunday, November 22, 2009

Facebook headshot weekend...wow

what a weekend... I would never have guessed that I'd do over 120 headshots, all to be sized for all of the participants to upload to Facebook, etc.  You all will be receiving these web ready images very soon. 
The best part really was the spontaneity that we had--for you who know me, I can be somewhat theatrical and funny.  This is one of my best gifts when it comes to taking candid photographs of people---composed, yes, but also, natural and authentic. 
What I learned this weekend in the rapid fire method that I had to do to get everyone into the show is that it takes more than a good eye and good equipment.  It takes a lot of nerve and composure at the same time.  I'm thinking of 15 things at once--lights and white balance and whole slew of stuff you could care less about (but I do care!)  And all at the same time, I'm working to get you to tell me who you are in 30 seconds in front of a camera. 

And you know what?  I love these results.  Take a look at Shannon who brought in a magnifying glass...Thanks, Shannon. You're the best.

Thank you, thank you to everyone who supports us at the ARC, and to everyone who came out this weekend to see our studios and to remind us that we are here for a purpose.  Remember, there is local art and we do listen and we are grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment